That was my exclamation when I saw what my Secret Santa got me for Christmas! Ahh, makeup. How I adore thee.
Eyeshadow palettes and shadows
I have to admit, I was getting a little nervous cause I knew Pserendipity was revealing the secret today and I hadn’t received my gift. But when I got home, I saw the package from Mrs. Claus and was instantly excited!
Everything all laid out. Nice!
Can you believe it? 24 eyeshadows from Coastal Scents. I can’t wait to play!
This week has been grand so far! First getting chosen as an intern for the fabulous Crystal Wright and now receiving these shadows to help me even further along the path of freelance makeup artistry.
Thanks Therapeutic Musings!!!
*Cough, cough* Clears away dust and cobwebs….
Last year this time, I watched in fascination as some of my favorite bloggers participated in PSerendipity’s Secret Santa project. It looked like so much fun that I decided to join in this time around. I’m more of a frequent commenter than blogger (as you can tell from the date of my last post), so I’m taking a note from TravelDiva and providing a glimpse into the world of Mellow to help out my Secret Santa.
- I’m a recently licensed (a)esthetician. Meaning I love all things makeup and skincare related.
- Speaking of skincare, did you know that it’s soo cold in the D? I’m used to my skin taking a minute to adjust to the change in season, but this year my arms and legs almost staged a mutiny. I’m talking full scale dryness and flaking. Laughing in the face of lotion! This prompted me to put on my mad scientist coat and create my own moisturizer. I ordered shea and cocoa butters online along with a couple fragrance oils, gathered all the oils I normally use for my hair (coconut, almond, olive) and got to experimenting. The result is a lovely concoction that I use everyday and I love it! I smell like lemon cake right now. Can’t stop sniffing myself. Makes me wonder what else I can create. Muah hahaha!
- One of my favorite aspects of fall/winter – warm beverages, lol. Homeade ginger tea, peppermint mochas, witches brew, spiked apple cider…yum! I’m drinking pumpkin spice flavored coffee as I type this.
- I’ve had locs for just over 7 years, but by Christmas, I’ll have a newly shorn head. I realize winter may not be the best time to cut off all my wind protection, but it’s been in my spirit for a minute so I’m going for it. (Hat, scarf, gloves perhaps?)
- I’m an accessories girl. One of my new playgrounds for cute, fun (read: cheap) costume jewelry is For Love 21. There’s one in the mall out here and it’s accessories as far as the eye can see. Just a fun way to brighten up my everyday outfits.
My first hooka experience. An example of maximum accessorizing! Jacket was also bedazzled on the back.
Well, hopefully that gives a little perspective on me. I look forward to whatever my secret santa comes up with and I’m excited about doing the same for my blogger!