*Cough, cough* Clears away dust and cobwebs….
Last year this time, I watched in fascination as some of my favorite bloggers participated in PSerendipity’s Secret Santa project. It looked like so much fun that I decided to join in this time around. I’m more of a frequent commenter than blogger (as you can tell from the date of my last post), so I’m taking a note from TravelDiva and providing a glimpse into the world of Mellow to help out my Secret Santa.
- I’m a recently licensed (a)esthetician. Meaning I love all things makeup and skincare related.
- Speaking of skincare, did you know that it’s soo cold in the D? I’m used to my skin taking a minute to adjust to the change in season, but this year my arms and legs almost staged a mutiny. I’m talking full scale dryness and flaking. Laughing in the face of lotion! This prompted me to put on my mad scientist coat and create my own moisturizer. I ordered shea and cocoa butters online along with a couple fragrance oils, gathered all the oils I normally use for my hair (coconut, almond, olive) and got to experimenting. The result is a lovely concoction that I use everyday and I love it! I smell like lemon cake right now. Can’t stop sniffing myself. Makes me wonder what else I can create. Muah hahaha!
- One of my favorite aspects of fall/winter – warm beverages, lol. Homeade ginger tea, peppermint mochas, witches brew, spiked apple cider…yum! I’m drinking pumpkin spice flavored coffee as I type this.
- I’ve had locs for just over 7 years, but by Christmas, I’ll have a newly shorn head. I realize winter may not be the best time to cut off all my wind protection, but it’s been in my spirit for a minute so I’m going for it. (Hat, scarf, gloves perhaps?)
- I’m an accessories girl. One of my new playgrounds for cute, fun (read: cheap) costume jewelry is For Love 21. There’s one in the mall out here and it’s accessories as far as the eye can see. Just a fun way to brighten up my everyday outfits.
Well, hopefully that gives a little perspective on me. I look forward to whatever my secret santa comes up with and I’m excited about doing the same for my blogger!