Does anyone know how to fix the flash so that it’s not so bright? It’s washing out all my makeup pictures.
I dove right in to my secret santa present.
I used a dark grey on the lid and a bluish-silver in the inner corner.
Next year is my 20th (!!!) high school reunion so there was a holiday party/reunion update last night. It’s so interesting to see people you haven’t been in touch with for years. Some looked exactly the same and a few looked almost unrecognizable. I think I’m somewhere in between.
Sally Jesse anyone?
It’s even more interesting (and a little disturbing) to see that some still have the same grudges and attitudes from high school. Hello? It’s twenty years later! Woosah and let it go already.
Lastly, now that I can fit hats (lol) I can see me quickly becoming a hat person. My newest acquisition:
I'm feelin' it, I'm feelin' it
Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year!
That was my exclamation when I saw what my Secret Santa got me for Christmas! Ahh, makeup. How I adore thee.
Eyeshadow palettes and shadows
I have to admit, I was getting a little nervous cause I knew Pserendipity was revealing the secret today and I hadn’t received my gift. But when I got home, I saw the package from Mrs. Claus and was instantly excited!
Everything all laid out. Nice!
Can you believe it? 24 eyeshadows from Coastal Scents. I can’t wait to play!
This week has been grand so far! First getting chosen as an intern for the fabulous Crystal Wright and now receiving these shadows to help me even further along the path of freelance makeup artistry.
Thanks Therapeutic Musings!!!
I’m becoming one of those people who brushes their hair all.day.long. Sigh. But I want to get these waves poppin.
Mailed my secret Santa gift off today. A day late, but they should get it before Pserendipity’s reveal. Wasn’t able to get everything I wanted, but hopefully they still enjoy it.
My vacation started this week (yay!). It’s been soo cold though that I haven’t wanted to leave the house (boo!). Winter is the pits.
I love sitting on the couch staring at my Christmas tree. Doing that right now. Ahh…
Thinking about starting another blog dedicated to all things makeup and skincare. Want to make sure I keep practicing and developing my skills and since I take tons of pictures anyway, I may as well post them. Should be up and running before the new year.
This is what most of you who "know" me see. 2 years old.
Tomorrow I’ll be cutting my locs in preparation for my visit to the barber Saturday morning. It’s been 7 years and 4 months since I began this journey, but it’s time for a new beginning. I still remember my coworkers’ suggestion that I still had time to take them out and get a press! It’s funny that once my hair started getting long, they were suddenly in love with them.
2009. At school playing with makeup.
Thankfully, I don’t put much stock in anyone’s opinion about hair. That’s always been one area in which I’ve been confident and adventurous. The locing process with all its “in between” stages kinda forces you to “be where you are” so to speak. Between being obviously natural and having a style that is still a mystery to many (why yes, I do wash my hair) it takes a certain amount of self-awarenes, patience and perhaps craziness to rock locs.
This past July. I just like this pic. Heading out to an "after the reception" party.
Anyway, I’d gotten to the point where I see the glances and in some cases, stares, but I don’t “see” them anymore. Good thing because now I’m going to be damn near bald but I’ve always wanted to try it and I can’t wait! So, it’s been real hair! Looking forward to the next stage of this hair journey.
*Cough, cough* Clears away dust and cobwebs….
Last year this time, I watched in fascination as some of my favorite bloggers participated in PSerendipity’s Secret Santa project. It looked like so much fun that I decided to join in this time around. I’m more of a frequent commenter than blogger (as you can tell from the date of my last post), so I’m taking a note from TravelDiva and providing a glimpse into the world of Mellow to help out my Secret Santa.
- I’m a recently licensed (a)esthetician. Meaning I love all things makeup and skincare related.
- Speaking of skincare, did you know that it’s soo cold in the D? I’m used to my skin taking a minute to adjust to the change in season, but this year my arms and legs almost staged a mutiny. I’m talking full scale dryness and flaking. Laughing in the face of lotion! This prompted me to put on my mad scientist coat and create my own moisturizer. I ordered shea and cocoa butters online along with a couple fragrance oils, gathered all the oils I normally use for my hair (coconut, almond, olive) and got to experimenting. The result is a lovely concoction that I use everyday and I love it! I smell like lemon cake right now. Can’t stop sniffing myself. Makes me wonder what else I can create. Muah hahaha!
- One of my favorite aspects of fall/winter – warm beverages, lol. Homeade ginger tea, peppermint mochas, witches brew, spiked apple cider…yum! I’m drinking pumpkin spice flavored coffee as I type this.
- I’ve had locs for just over 7 years, but by Christmas, I’ll have a newly shorn head. I realize winter may not be the best time to cut off all my wind protection, but it’s been in my spirit for a minute so I’m going for it. (Hat, scarf, gloves perhaps?)
- I’m an accessories girl. One of my new playgrounds for cute, fun (read: cheap) costume jewelry is For Love 21. There’s one in the mall out here and it’s accessories as far as the eye can see. Just a fun way to brighten up my everyday outfits.
My first hooka experience. An example of maximum accessorizing! Jacket was also bedazzled on the back.
Well, hopefully that gives a little perspective on me. I look forward to whatever my secret santa comes up with and I’m excited about doing the same for my blogger!